WRESTLING TRIALS TO BE HELD

Freshman Squad Should Work Into Strong Aggregation in all Classes.

The trials to determine the make up of the Freshman wrestling team will be held in the wrestling room of the Hemenway Gymnasium next Monday afternoon at 4 o'clock. All men who intend to enter these tryouts should sign up in the blue book in the wrestling room as soon as possible. Shortly after the trials the 1920 wrestlers will begin their schedule.

A novice wrestling meet open to all members of the University who have not wrestled on a University team will be held in the wrestling room of the Hemenway Gymnasium on Tuesday afternoon, January 16, at 4 o'clock. All those who intend to enter the tournament should sign up in the blue book at the Hemenway Gymnasium before Tuesday. The meet will be conducted in seven classes according to weight so that every contestant will have a fair chance to prove his ability. Coach Anderson will referee the matches, and men who show up well will have a good chance to make the University and Freshman teams. Cups will be awarded the winners in the different classes as usual.

If it may be judged by the material now available the Freshman team will be unusually strong this year. Among the 125 pounders, E. Beeman '20, J. L. Hardway '20 and L. B. Horovitz '20 are showing up well. D. H. Worrall '20 and J. Israelite '20 are the best men in the 135 pound class, while the best of the 145 pounders is A. H. Walsh '20. In the 158 pound class C. H. Holladay '20 and A. K. Marsh '20 are the most promising men. The 175 pound and heavyweight classes will be filled by three men: T. M. Brown '20, L. B. Davis '20 and W. H. Cheney '20, of the Freshman football team.