INFORMALS DEFEAT FRESHMEN

CROSS 1921 GOAL LINE TWICE IN 50 MINUTES OF HARD SCRIMMAGE.

Fifty minutes of hard scrimmage with every kind of football was given to the informal University and the Freshman teams yesterday to try to get better team-work in both elevens. For the first five minutes the Freshmen could not stop the informals' line plays, and the ball was rushed chiefly by A. Horween '20 from the University 25-yard line to the Freshman 30-yard mark. An incsompleted forward pass and a five-yard loss on a quarterback run gave the ball to the Freshman team. Both sides now began a kicking game in which R. C. Humphrey '21 excelled the University kickers. Two punts by the informals, the first going outside after a short distance, and the other bounding back until there was a loss on the kick, gave the Freshman team the ball on the informal 25-yard line from which two forward passes Humphrey to Davis and Humphrey to Anderson, gave 1921 the first score. No goal was kicked.

Play was resumed with the ball on the informals' 20-yard line. On the first play R. Hoffman '19 repeated his performance of the Dean game by running through the whole of the 1921 team for a touchdown. No goal was scored. After this straight football varied by hidden ball plays gave the University a second and winning touchdown by J. G. Coolidge '20.

Nearly every man in both squads was now given a chance in the game. The men were driven hard the remainder of the time, but neither goal line was threatened. C. G. Thorndike '20 and T. S. Woods '20 stopped many plays for big losses, and were equally strong on the offensive. The Freshman team handled the ball well, completing many successful forward passes in spite of the wet field. W. B. Snow '18 will coach the Freshman line regularly until his eligibility for the team is decided.

INFORMAL UNIVERSITY.  FRESHMEN.Whitney, Bowen, Perkins, l.e.  r.e., Lee, Davis, FinelyWoods, Peet, l.t.  r.t., Sedgwick, HookerStubbs, l. g.  r. g., Roberts, GastonColeman, c.  c., Havemeyer, Cabot McAdamsThorndike, Lewis, r. g.  l. g., Olmstead, HendersonPhilbin, r. t.  l. t., Frothingham, Faxon HamiltonHiggins, Wason, Steel, r. e.  l. e., King, Anderson, De FordCoolidge, Hoffman, q. b  q. b., Jenney, Wales, SmithBlanchard, Hoffman, Hallowell, l. h. b.  r. h. b., Stillman, PanteleoniHorween, Crosscup, r. h. b.  l. h. b., McDonnell, Aimner, DouglasWeden, Works, f. b.  f. b. Humphrey, Sweeney, Butterfiel