INFORMALS WON EASILY

SCORE 35 TO 0

In a game where teamwork triumphed over individual effort the informal University football team defeated the Naval Reserves from Bumpkin Island 35 to 0 in the Stadium Saturday afternoon.

Two touchdowns by line plunging and a safety from a poor pass by the navy centre constituted the informals' scores in the first half. The final periods brought an additional 19 points due to three touchdowns. An unexpected force of attack was exhibited by the informals, while the sailors showed lack of practice and were further handicapped by the loss of Cawley, the former Colby captain and star halfback of the reserves.

A 60 yard run back of the first kick-off by C. E. Works '20 placed the informals in position to score early in the game but a fumble gave the ball to the navy on its 22 yard line. A 15 yard penalty forced Schow of the reserves to attempt a punt from his goal line. The centre, however, passed the ball over his head, and Schow dropped on it for a safety, scoring two for the University. The reserves then punted from the 20 yard line, and the informals began their second attempt at crossing the goal line. A. Horween '20 and Works, by line plunges, rushed the ball to the one yard line before the period ended. On the first play after the whistle Horween took the ball over for a touchdown, and kicked the goal.

The sailors could not gain on the kickoff and punted to J. G. Coolidge '20 who ran the ball to the 45 yard line. Again the line smashing attack was ordered, which, together with a 10 yard end run by Works, gave Horween the chance to score the second touchdown. He again kicked the goal.

Coach Rollins replaced many of his regulars with substitutes at the begin- ning of the second half. This team, however, proved its ability to cross the navy's goal line as readily as the first eleven. R. Hoffman '19 made 15 yards on the kick-off and on the succeeding play ran to within 30 yards of the navy goal line. B. S. Blanchard '20 on his third play through the line brought the informal score to 22. The fourth touchdown came after the informals had intercepted a forward pass. Crosscup '19 crossed the goal line on a line plunge. No goal was kicked.

In the fourth quarter, after an exchange of punts the University had the ball on its 45 yard line. Hoffman then broke away from the sailors on an end run and was not downed until he reached the two yard line. On the next play he scored the final touchdown. Works kicked the goal.

Horween, Works, and Hoffman were the best ground gaining backs in the informal's lineup. The line was much stronger than against Dean Academy and the work of the heavy guards and tackles was especially noticeable.

The summary:

Informal University  Naval ReservesHiggins, Whitney, Bowen, Wason, l. e.  r. e., KelleyWoods, Philbin, Keegan l. t.  r. t., Algar, Spiers, BodwellThorndike, l. g.  r. g., LibbyFishback, W. Hoffman, Francis, c.  c., CedarstrandSnow, Stubbs, r. g.  l. g., McCannRudman, Peet, Flynn, r. t.  l. t., LongleyWhitney, Perkins, r. e.  l. e., WhitingCoolidge, R. Hoffman, q. b.  q. b., TirrellWorks, l. h. b.  r. h. b., Bromfield, SteelWeden, Blanchard, r. h. b. l. h. b.,  StewartHorween, Crosscup, f. b.  f. b., Scho