PARIS OPENS COLLEGE UNION

TO BE RENDEZVOUS FOR AMERICAN UNIVERSITY MEN SERVING IN FRANCE.

Cables and letters received from Paris announce that the American University Union in Europe for American college men and their friends in war service will open tomorrow with the Royal Palace open tomorrow with the Royal Palace Hotel as its headquarters. The hotel, which has eighty bed rooms and forty baths, is centrally located on the corner of the Place de Theatre Francais and the Rue de Richelieu. It has been rented for a year by the Union and will be the centre for all American College men in Paris. Files of the leading American magazines, periodicals and newspapers will be kept in the reading room and arrangements have been made for placing athletic facilities at the disposal of members in Paris on furlough. The University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Yale, Princeton, the University of Virginia, Columbia and the University of Michigan have already taken steps to provide bureaus in this Union to aid their own graduates, while the general officers of the Union will do all in their power for college men from institutions that have not started separate bureaus.

University Bureau Planned.

The plans for the University bureau have been enlarged so that Amherst, Bowdoin, Dartmouth, and Williams will combine forces with the University in maintaining a joint college bureau. Here all members of the University, their parents and friends, will register so that all may know where their friends are, and a personal means of communication will be established between those at home and their friends in active service abroad. It will be the central information bureau in Paris for all things relating to the University.

The University interests will be in charge of Chalmers Clifton '12, who is leaving soon for Paris. He was a member of the R. O. T. C. last summer, completing the entire course of training. Owing to a recent operation he has been declared unfit physically for active service, and the University has taken advantage of this opportunity to secure him for the work in Paris.