THE REVIEW.

Today is of double significance in the University calendar: First, the Informals come face to face with a real test, and second, the Regiment makes its initial public appearance.

That the former will do the University credit we know. The football team, though informal, is nevertheless a University team, and will represent us well whether victorious or defeated.

The success of the regimental review is a different matter. In spite of the much-advertised five bands which are to make marching a pleasure, the review is not going to be an exhibition worthy of the Grenadier Guards, nor even of the former R. O. T. C. It is going to be a motley array that parades in the Stadium. Many have no guns, some are still in civilians. Felt hats will vie with derbies in the rookie's equipment. Guns will be at every angle, many of the men in each company will be out of step. All this is to warn the public not to expect too much. Yet the spirit is there. The members of the corps have been doing extra voluntary drill day after day. Five or six hours is the maximum the average have been under military dicipline and, keeping that in mind, the progress has been excellent.

Today's exhibition is merely practice. In the future we have hopes of seeing real drills done with machine-like accuracy by a regiment as well trained as any in the country. We had a model corps last year; there is no reason that this year's regiment should not come up to the standard of its predecessor.