THE COLLEGE UNION IN PARIS.

An event of no small importance to college men throughout the country is the opening in Paris of a College Union for those engaged in war service. Graduates and undergraduates of colleges have long realized the need of centrally located clubs to which they may go and meet their friends when on leave or in the vicinity. Such organizations, confined heretofore, to members of one college only, have been a source of much pleasure and convenience to members and have been a natural means of keeping alive the spirit and acquaintance developed while in college.

Of much greater significance is the formation of a club located abroad in the general center of activity at Paris, to which members of many American colleges may go for society and recreation. Far from the scenes of their college life, it will give to its members a feeling of the nearness and presence of old associations, and an opportunity for making or renewing the acquaintanceships which have meant so much in the past.

The opening of the College Union in the Place de Theatre Francais will be hailed with joy by University men in France, and recognized by those at home as one more example of the common bond which unites college men in every place and in all occupations throughout the world.