WILL PLAY FOOTBALL WITH TRAINING CAMPS

FIRST GAME OCT. 13

At a meeting of the Athletic Committee last evening it was decided that no football games with other colleges should be arranged for the present. However, the possibility that late-season games might be played with Yale and Princeton for the benefit of the Red Cross was left over.

Games with various military teams will be arranged as soon as possible. One game has already been definitely scheduled. On October 20, the 101st. Maine Heavy Artillery will send a team to Cambridge to play the University informal eleven in the Stadium. W. T. Gardiner '14 has had charge of the preparation of this team. The Athletic Committee hopes that a game may be played against a team at Ayer on October 13. This would probably mark the opening of the informal season. Although nothing definite is known about a team at Ayer, it is certain that an amusement such as a football game would be very welcome at Camp Devens. Moreover, if University graduates who gained commissions at Plattsburg are allowed to play, a strong eleven is a certainty, for a large proportion of the best players during the past few years are included in this class.

The Freshman schedule and the following appointments were approved. W. B. Snow '18, as acting captain of the informal football team, W. Rollins '16, as coach, R. E. Gross '19, as manager, F. Parkman '19, as acting captain of the crev, W. W. McLeod '19, as acting captain of the baseball team, F. T. Fisher '19, as manager.