875 ENLISTED IN CORPS

MORE UNIFORMS ISSUED

Seventy-five more men are needed before 2 o'clock today to insure the complete organization of the new regiment. Another big day of recruiting yesterday resulted in an increase of 58, bringing the total enrolments to date to 875 number, however, must be increased to 950 in order to provide the necessary quota for the 12 companies, Major Flynn, who has been acting as commandant of the Corps since the recent termination of his duties with the Iron Battalion in the same capacity, stated yesterday that he had no doubt but that the number needed would be secured, and President Lowell also expressed his satisfaction with the work already accomplished.

New men may enroll today att he Military Office in University Hall. Under the many concessions which the Faculty has made there will be extremely few who can be barred from taking one of the courses for academic reasons; it is possible, however, for such men to sign up for drill only. The physical requirements are not sever, and there is no age limit for members of the University.

The proper organization of the companies will be made this afternoon. Announcement of assignments will be made in ample time before the first drills on next Monday and Tuesday.

Uniforms will be issued to the remainder of the men in the advanced course between 2 and 4 o'clock this afternoon at the Supply Room in the basement of Persis Smith Hall.

Announcement of the permanent captains, first and supply sergeants, and the lieutenants and non-commissioned officers who will be announced in tomorrow's CRIMSON. At 7 o'clock today Captain Amann will lecture to members of the elementary course.

The first meeting of Military Science 2 was opened yesterday afternoon by Major Flynn, who spoke a few words introducing Colonel Azan. The latter recalled to the members of last year's R. O. T. C. the work he had done with them during the summer and expressed his appreciation and enjoyment of what they had accomplished together. Colonel Azan was very much pleased with letters he had received from R. O. T. C. graduates now in federal service and from officers who have had reason to notice their work.