THE FRESHMAN GAME.

After being outfought by Exeter the 1921 team came back. Against an eleven estimated to be their superiors, the Freshmen showed that in the absence of the University team they could represent us in a worthy fashion. They bearded the Tiger in his lair and humbled him in a manner never dreamed of even by their most ardent supporters.

Yet in the midst of all their glory we must give a few words of advice. In past a University team could trample upon one eleven after another without becoming in the least conceited,--not so with the Freshmen. There is a danger when one of the yearling teams has defeated a noted rival, it may rest upon its laurels until the following Saturday's contest and be both outfought and defeated by a far inferior eleven. After this sad event all the Freshmen have wandered in town to moan, and to see a Harvard victory in the Stadium against Yale. The squad has shown its ability at Princeton; but it is this week's practice that will win or lose the Eli game. So on behalf of the University the CRIMSON asks the Freshman team to forget its glorious past and think only of success on Saturday.