CARNIVAL PLANS MADE

BOTH TEAMS PREPARE

Preparations for the Army and Navy athletic carnival in the Stadium tomorrow continued yesterday with great activity in the rival football camps. Additional features have been planned by the committee in general charge of the carnival. In place of the short review of the enlisted and drafted men that was originally scheduled to be held before the game, it is now planned to have a formal review of the 5,000 or 6,000 uniformed men by several Army and Navy officers of distinguished rank. The carnival will be one of the features of the football season, and from the advance sale of tickets it is expected that the Stadium will be filled.

At Ayer P. D. Haughton '99, on Wednesday put his team through a long scrimmage. The afternoon's work was not successful, however, for Thorn, former Springfield Y. M. C. A. Traning School halfback, was lost to the team when he sustained a wrenched ankle. Thorn was considered one of the leading players on the squad and his retirement from the game leaves a large gap in the team.

To assist Haughton in the task of whipping the squad into shape, Henry, a former Brown captain, coached the line. A cheering section has been organized at Camp Devens to encourage the team Saturday.

Coach Leary's sailor eleven held a light scrimmage in the Stadium yesterday before the entire Radio School. No let up was given the men in spite of the exhausting game against the informals the day before. With today the last day of practice, Leary emphasized cohesion in team play to the squad.

The team is almost entirely composed of exceptional individual stars, but team work has been noticeably lacking. After practice today, W. Adams, of Tufts and Brown, who is playing at left tackle, was elected captain of the eleven. Algar, at left guard, is also playing a strong game in the line, while W. J. Murray '18, T. H. Enwright '18, and E. L. Casey '19, are fast rounding into shape in the backfield.

It is impossible to compare the Army and Navy elevens with accuracy as the Army team will play its first game Saturday. Both teams are about equal in weight, and each possesses approximately the same amount of individual ability. Each is using the University system of coaching, so that much the same form of attack will be seen in both elevens at the Carnival