FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS

Through the eleventh hour efforts of the University campaign committee, fifty thousand dollars is Harvard's contribution to the Red Triangle War Fund. It is true of all campaigns that more words of inveigling are directed toward the public than terms of praise after the goal has been reached. The present case, however, demands a general recognition of splendid work. The University has answered the call of this Y. M. C. A. fund in a way which has surpassed our fondest hopes. The subscription was not from a few, but from a great majority, so that we may extend a vote of thanks to the entire undergraduate body. Then come the forces which have been at work--the head committeemen and their lieutenants. By their perseverance and indomitableness alone was this great amount secured. The fruit of their labors is a sufficient satisfaction to them. They understood what was wanted; they went and got it. Last of all must we again congratulate Dr. Mott, for it was he who awakened us. His speech of last week was the original energy which put the wheels of success in motion. A good combination is a most difficult thing to beat. Such a combination as Dr. Mott, the University campaign committee and the body of Harvard undergraduates could do nothing but bring about desired results.