TUITION AGAIN

After we have signed our future allowances away for the sake of the bettering of Phillips Brooks House and in the cause of the Y. M. C. A., we are again reminded that riches are but temporary. This time it is the Bursar who calls for $50 by night-time,--penalty for non-payment, no more relations with the University. Old clothes, furniture and the other essentials of a happy existence all must be pawned to appease the all-powerful Bursar. By this time we are supposed to have bought fifty-dollars worth of knowledge from the University and if we desire more culture we must pay for it. So says Terry and he knows.

The penalty for not paying is a tempting one for the tired scholar. Though the use of Hemenway Gymnasium is forbidden there are rewards. The bankrupt student may not go to recitations or to the Stadium (thus exempting him from drill) and so days of long sleep and no work are within his grasp. In spite of these visions of a paradise at Cambridge we advise paying up at any cost for the arm of the Dean is long and the days of rest would precede months of hard labor. Our watch-ery today must be: On, on to Dane Hall.