MISS ROMANOFF

In this time when we hear nothing from Russia except news of revolutions, Bolsheviki and dictators, the latest report that the Grand Duchess Taliana has escaped to America is most cheering.

This young lady is the most beautiful and popular of the ex-Czar's daughters, and has been haunted by camera-men and suitors with equal vigor. Many a noble in Europe has pined away because the Grand Duchess did not care for him, but all those romances are things of the past, for this charming young woman has decided that the present Russia is no place for a debutante;--she has determined to cast her lot among us. Fortunately the Grand Duchess has left her family, which has always been a handicap to her, behind.

The University sincerely hopes that Tatiana will pay us a call. We can give her tea at Phillips Brooks House and show her the glass flowers, or if she cares for informality we can always take her to a soccer game and then give a dinner in her honor at the Union. We suggest that the Student Council think over the matter of inviting the Grand Duchess to Harvard. She can always take a special course in Slavic and it would be an attraction to have enrolled in U4 the illustrious name of Tatiana Romanoff, OcC.