FIRST YEAR LAW CLUBS HAVE STARTED TO TAKE UP CASES

Second and Third Year Students are at Present Filling Positions of Judges.

The first-year law clubs of the Law School have started work already, and at present are each taking up one case a week in the courts. The war, however, has made several changes in their operation necessary. Because of reduced numbers, several clubs have consolidated to form working groups.

So few second and third year men have returned to the Law School that the upper class clubs have not as yet organized for work. The Ames prizes of $200 and $100 are offered annually for competition among these clubs, and if a sufficient number of men desire to do the work this year, the clubs and competition will be started later.

At present the second and third year men are sitting as judges in the cases brought up by the first year clubs. Advisers from the third year class have been appointed for each combination of clubs. Usually these students are paid for their work, but because of the school's low finances this year as a result of the war, they are volunteering their services for nothing. They will arrange matters for all first years students who desire to become members of some club.