MAJOR BEITH TO SPEAK SUNDAY

Will Give Address to Law and Graduate Students.

Major Ian Hay Beith, the well-known author of "The First Hundred Thousand," will deliver an address before a meeting of law and graduate students of the University next Sunday. The meeting will be held in Phillips Brooks House under the auspices of the Law School Society and the Graduate School Society, and will be open only to men in the law and graduate schools.

Major Beith, or Ian Hay, as he is better known in this country, will speak on a subject connected with the war and based upon his recent visit to the battle front.

Major Beith has had many experiences in the war and has watched its progress carefully since the beginning. In the summer of 1914 he enlisted in the Tenth Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, and spent six months of that fall and winter training at Aldershot, England. Soon afterwards, his regiment was sent to France, where they went into action among "the first hundred thousand."

The British War Office granted him a furlough last year, and since then; he has spent a large part of his time lecturing in this country. Twice last winter he addressed audiences in the University, once in Sanders Theatre and once in the Union. Major Beith has also delivered lectures before the student bodies at Yale and at Princeton.