SEVEN BEGINS PRACTICE

FRESHMEN IMPROVED

The University informal hockey team will begin its season next week when candidates will be called out at the Boston Arena for Monday afternoon at 4.30 o'clock. he use of the Arena has been secured permanently for Mondays and Fridays throughout the winter, and practice will be held regularly on these days, No coach has been secured as yet, and R. E. Gross '19, who is in charge of the Freshmen, will probably supervise the work on the first day. Although no games so far have been arranged, negotiations are under way for matches with several service teams.

Another short scrimmage was the feature of the Freshman practice yesterday. Considerable improvement over yesterday's playing was evident, especially in the forward lines, and a semblance of team-work was also displayed. Coach Gross endeavored to correct yesterday's outstanding weakness, inaccurate shooting, and practice was frequently stopped to point out some fault. As usual substitutions were numerous and every member of the squad was given two opportunities to play.

Organize Navy Seven

A hockey team is being organized at the Charlestown Navy Yard and S. T. Hicks '10,has been announced to act as coach. When in college, Hicks was captain of the University seven and one of the most successful players in the last ten years. He now has a squad of 40 men, including some of the beat known members of B. A. A. Teams of past seasons, as well as E. O. Baker '17, regular centre on the University seven last winter, and W. J. Murray '18, who captained the Andover team four years ago.