RIVAL NAVAL ELEVENS CLASH

NEWPORT VS. CHARLESTOWN IN SERVICE STRUGGLE HERE TOMORROW.

For the second time this season a University-coached service eleven will meet the Newport Naval Reserves, trained in the Yale system of play, when the Charlestown Navy Yard and the Second District team, captained by Black, clash in the Stadium tomorrow at 2 o'clock. On Thanksgiving Day the Camp Devens eleven drilled by Coach Haughton played a scoreless tie with Dr. Bull's team, with whom the Navy Yard battles tomorrow for the service championship of the Atlantic Coast.

Both teams have had an enviable record. In the earlier part of the season the Naval Reserves defeated the Maine Heavy Field Artillery and Brown by overwhelming scores. The University informals later were defeated in a hard game 14 to 0. After this victory, however, the sailors' play weakened and they were defeated by Rutgers, thereby losing any claim to the football championship except among service elevens. Seven University stars at Camp Devens aided in holding the Newport team in the Thanksgiving Day game. Black, last year's Yale leader, and Dr. Bull, who has coached Yale kickers for several seasons, have driven the team hard in view of the final game tomorrow.

Stiff Workout For Leary's Team.

Coach Leary has given the Boston sailors a stiff workout this week for tomorrow's game, as the close contest with the League Island Marines on Monday disclosed several weak points in the team. The Navy Yard displayed a fast attack in the middle of the field, but lost its power when near the Marine goal-line. Although T. H. Enwright '18, E. L. Casey '19 and Cannell of Dartmouth all made brilliant runs of from 25 to 40 yards through a broken field, cohesive line play was lacking.