FRESHMAN OARSMEN START WORK

Managers and Rowers Report at Newell This Afternoon.

The regular practice for candidates for the Freshman crews will begin today at 2.30, at which time all men will report at the Newell Boathouse dressed for rowing. Coach Haines and A. Beane '11 will outline the work to be done throughout the year, and will have charge of the preliminary season training. Practice on the machines and in the tank will start immediately and will continue until the river opens.

The competition for the managership and assistant managership of the Freshman crews will also start today, the candidates being asked to report at Newell Boathouse at 3 o'clock.

The University crews will not commence work for a week yet, but prospective candidates will find it to their advantage to work out to a certain extent during this week so as to be in the best possible shape for next Monday when regular practice will begin. A machine will be reserved for candidates for the University team desiring to take up this voluntary rowing. The tank can also be used by these candidates whenever not in use by a Freshman crew.