ONLY 60 OARSMEN FROM 1920

CREW WORK WILL NOT INTERFERE WITH MILITARY TRAINING SCHEDULE.

The Freshman rowing season was started yesterday when 60 candidates reported to Coach Haines at the Newell Boathouse. This number, however, is very much under the average number in the past and additional candidates are wanted. Over 100 Freshmen reported for fall rowing last autumn and over 110 men were out for the 1919 crews at this time last year. All new men should report at Newell this afternoon at 3.45 o'clock.

If men who are taking Military Science and Tactics 1 are deterred from coming out for this reason, it will be possible for them to arrange their section meetings and drill hours so that rowing will not interfere with the work of the course. Many men who rowed last fall and have considered it impossible to combine rowing and drill this spring will find that arrangements to that effect can easily be made.

Coach Haines is at present in change of the oarsmen and A. Beane '11 will again have general supervision of the Freshman crews. Several University oarsmen are assisting in the coaching of the candidates. Regular rowing for the University crews will not start until next Monday, February 19, but the men who are at present reporting voluntarily may have the use of the tank daily until 4 o'clock.

More Freshman Managers Wanted.

More Freshman managers are also needed as only 19 came out yesterday. No experience is required and the competition will last until the middle of May. A manager and assistant manager will then be chosen who will go to Red Top with the crews. All new candidates for the managerships should report at Newell this afternoon at 3.45 o'clock.