AVIATORS TO TRAIN IN UNIT

Instruction Will be Given This Summer to All Men Enllsting--Opportunities in Regular Section.

All University men who intend to take the government course in aviation are asked, after making out their preliminary blanks and having these endorsed by a committee composed of the University licensed aviators and Roger Amory '10, to then make out their formal applications, both of these to be forwarded to the Aviation Section, Washington, D. C. On their formal application men will state when they will be available for training, that is, whether they wish to begin immediately or wait until next summer.

Captain Milling, U. S. A., who is furthering the movement, has said that the War Department cannot endorse a man's leaving college for the purpose of taking the training, because in many cases the results will not justify such an action, since flying is so dependent upon individual ability. The Aviation Section, however, is more than glad to have men whenever they desire to begin their training.

In speaking of next summer, Captain Milling regarded the question of establishing a school at Squantum as almost entirely one of personnel. Such a proposition seems doubtful. Although the University men will be treated individually as regards their applications, they will be trained at a Government School as a unit and will be naturally given precedence over an equal number of individuals who have not studied together.