CATHOLIC CLUB TO PRODUCE PLAY

"Believe Me, Xantippe," Former Craig Prize Winner Selected.

The St. Paul's Catholic Club plans to produce "Believe Me, Xantippe," by J. F. Ballard, A.M. '11, in Jordan Hall, Boston, on Monday evening, May 7. This play won the Craig Prize in 1913 and was produced by Mr. John Craig at the Castle Square Theatre in the spring of 1914, where it had a longer run than any of the prize plays proceeding it. After filling the Castle Square Theatre for about three months it was produced in New York. It has since been used by many stock companies throughout the country, and last year had a long run in England under the title of "Willie from the West."

"Believe Me, Xantippe" is peculiarly fitted for production by a University organization. It is an intensely amusing farce-comedy and the male characters carry on the predominance of the fun. The scenes are laid in New York and Colorado. The production will be under the direction of P. F. Reniers '16, stage manager and assistant to Professor Baker in the 47 Workshop, and former president of the Harvard Dramatic Club.

The executive committee for the play is made up of H. S. Sullivan '17, chairman, E. F. McCarthy '19, and J. C. Scanlon '18.