DATE SET FOR NORTHFIELD JUNE STUDENT CONFERENCE

WILL LAST ELEVEN DAYS

The annual Northfield Student Conference will be held this year from June 19 to June 29, inclusive. It is open to students of all the New England colleges, as well as many of the schools, and each year the delegates from the various institutions number over 800 men. The conference is intended to give opportunities for personal contact with men who have a strong influence on the religion of the present day, and also to afford a few days of healthy recreation.

The daily program is arranged entirely with these ends in view. In the mornings and the evenings addresses are delivered by leaders in Christian thought and service, Bible and mission classes are held, and opportunity is given to men to talk over ethical and religious problems of general and particular interest. The afternoons are devoted to athletics of various sorts, representatives of the colleges organizing intercollegiate competitions in baseball, track and tennis. There is always a general conference accompanied by an address after dinner.

The first Student Conference was called over 20 years ago at Mt. Hermon, and the next year moved to East Northfield, where it has remained since. In recent years more than 20 other conferences have been organized on similar lines.

Robert Tyng Bushnell '19, of Andover, was yesterday appointed chairman of the Harvard Northfield Conference Committee, and he will be in charge of the University contingent. Any additional information may be obtained from him at 52 Mt. Auburn street, or at Phillips Brooks House.