Rare Books to be Shown at Widener

Selections from editions of the works of Izaac Walton and John Bunyan will be on exhibition in the Treasure Room of Widener Library tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. This exhibition is being put on especially in connection with Professor Copeland's class in English 45, but the general public is also invited. Attention is called to the fact that of the 170 odd editions of "The Complete Angler," which have been published, the Fearing collection given to the College in 1915 by Daniel Butler Fearing, A.M. '11, contains more than 160, ranging in size from the "thumb edition" measuring only 2x1 3-4 inches, to the "Lea and Dove" edition in two large volumes. Among the Bunyan items is a Bible printed in 1637 which has what is supposed to be the autograph of John Bunyan on the title page of the New Testament.

There has also just been mounted in the Treasure Room the original parchment probate copy of Izaac Walton's will, dated August 9, 1683.

Peter Arrell Brown Widener '19, of Elkins Park, Pa., has been elected president of the Gercle Francais owing to the absence of L. M. Quirin '19 for the rest of the year.