RELAY TEAM HOLDS RECORD

Time Made in Recent Meadowbrook Meet By University Four 3 Minutes, 26 Seconds Flat.

The time for the University relay in the intercollegiate mile race at the Meadowbrook carnival in Philadelphia last Saturday night was three minutes 26 seconds flat, and not three minutes 26 3-5 seconds as previously announced. In running the mile in the phenomenal time the University team lowered by 2-5 of a second the intercollegiate record for the mile indoors, and came within 4-5 of a second of equaling the world's record for the distance. In 1912 the New York Athletic Club established the world's record for the mile as three minutes 25 1-5 seconds. Last year when a University relay team ran the mile in three minutes 26 2-5 seconds at the Meadowbrook games in a race against Pennsylvania an intercollegiate record was established which held until last Saturday night. But three records, the intercollegiate, the Meadowbrook, and the Middle Atlantic, for the mile run, were broken Saturday. Captain E. A. Teschner '17, W. H. Meanix '19, H. W. Minot '17, and W. Willcox, Jr., '17 made up the University team.

When the N. Y. A. C. made the world's record, the men on the team did not carry a baton. Perhaps the University men would have equalled the mark of the N. Y. A. C. if their pace had not been slowed up because they were obliged to pass the baton.

Three to Enter N. Y. Meet.

The following entries have been made in the A. A. U. meet to be held in New York Saturday night:

50-yard dash.--E. A. Teschner '17.

Hurdles.--W. H. Meanix '19.

300-yard run.--E. A. Teschner '17, W. Willcox '17.

600-yard run.--W. H. Meanix '19.