TIGER TRACK TEAM PROMISING

Captain Moore and Associates Plan to Make Record Season.

Princeton's track squad appears to be one of the most promising that has reported for several years, and the Tiger supporters are hoping that the Orange and Blue will finish the season close to the top in the intercollegiate ranking. Last season's Freshman team was one of the strongest in a number of years and the addition of these youngsters to the university ranks should tend to revive the Tiger's waning prestige on the track.

Captain Moore, who won the 220-yard dash and took second place in the 100-yard last year at the 1916 intercollegiates, will again compete, and will be the leading man in the sprints. Moore has been running in a number of indoor meets this winter, and has been a consistent point-winner. Jelke, Barrett and Read will be the other men in the sprints. The first two were university men last season, and Read was the foremost sprinter on the Freshman team. In the quarter-mile, Clark, who made the distance in 50 4-5 seconds last season while a member of the Freshman team, Larkin and Eddy will be the most likely performers. Barrett and Terrel may also be used in this event.

Charles, Becker, Black, Long and Durrell form a good squad from which to pick several half-milers and it is possible that one or more of these men will be tried in the mile event. Colwell, who won the mile against Yale a year ago in four minutes 25 seconds, will again compete in this event, along with Raymond and Fairgrieve. Shotwell, Zunino, Boyd, and Paull, all members of the cross-country team, will be out for the two-mile race.

Marion Wilson, captain of the 1917 football team, will be one of the best men in the hurdles, and Crawford and Erdman will be his running mates. Crawford has been a member of the team for three years, and Erdman is considered a sure point-winner in the short-distance hurdles. Crawford probably will compete in the high jump, and Hingham and Erskine in the pole vault. Kissam, Munsel and Madden compose the broad-jumping squad. Nourse, Gennert and Funk, all football players, will be able to take care of the hammer-throwing contests, and Sinclaire and Cleveland will be the Tiger representatives in the shot put.

No schedule for this season has been announced, but dual meets with Yale and Virginia are practically assured.