WILL GIVE LECTURES ON MUSIC

Dr. A. T. Davison '06 to Present Lowell Institute Course.

Dr. Archibald Thompson Davison '06 will give a Lowell Institute series of lectures on "The History of Choral Music," beginning Monday evening, March 19. The lectures will be given every Monday and Thursday evening at 8 o'clock, and every Tuesday and Friday afternoon at 5 o'clock in Huntington Hall, Boylston street, Boston. Each of the seven lectures in the series is to be given both in the evening and the following afternoon. At the first and second lectures the Appleton Chapel choir will assist Dr. Davison; at the fourth and fifth, the New England Conservatory Chorus; and at the third, sixth and seventh, the Radcliffe Choral Society and the Appleton Chapel choir.

"Plain Song and Primitive Church Music" will be Dr. Davison's subject for his first lecture to be given on Monday evening, March 19, and Tuesday afternoon, March 20. On the 22d and 23d, "The School of Palestine" will be given; on the 26th and 27th, "The Early Madrigals"; on the 29th and 30th, "Bach"; on April 2 and 3, "Handel"; on the 5th and 6th, "The 19th Century Composers"; and on the 9th and 10th, "Modern French Composers and Russian Church Music."