CREWS COMPLETE SCHEDULE

SEASON OPENS WITH RACE APRIL 6 BETWEEN PENNSYLVANIA AND YALE.

With the final arrangement of the race between the Columbia and the University crews on May 19 practically all the college rowing schedules, with the exception of those of Syracuse, Columbia and the Navy, are complete for this spring, and the list of dual, triangular, and championship regattas which have been arranged promises an active season for the oarsmen.

The first race of the year will be that between Yale and Pennsylvania at Philadelphia on Friday, April 6. A week later the Pacific Coast Regatta will be held at Oakland, Cal., the winner of which will probably compete in the intercollegiate championship races on the Hudson in June.

The next event will be the Harvard Princeton race, to be held on Lake Carnegie on April 19, the opening event of the University crew schedule. On May 12 come both the American Henley at Philadelphia and the Childs' Cup Regatta at Princeton, in which Columbia, Pennsylvania and Princeton will compete.

On Saturday, May 19, the University will race Columbia over the mile and seven-eighths course in the Charles Basin. This will be the third time the two universities have met on the water, and the first since 1909. The honors in the two previous races have been divided.

Try Out Housatonic Course.

On the same day Yale and Cornell try out for the first time the new Housatonic River course at New Haven which Coach Nickalls of Yale regards as one of the best in the country. The next race will take place on Cayuga Lake at Ithaca between Princeton and Cornell as a part of the festivities of the Cornell Spring Day. This race will be the last of the preliminary season.

On the first of June the University squad will leave for Red Top. The intercollegiate regatta at Poughkeepsie will take place on Thursday, June 21, and on the following day the regatta between Yale and the University on the Thames will conclude the season.

Since the return of Coach Nickalls, over 50 crew candidates are reporting daily at Yale. The three Yale crews have rowed with few changes since the squad first came out and it is doubtful whether further shifts will be made in the first boat before it meets Pennsylvania. This is practically the same eight that rowed together last fall after the squad was reorganized.

Columbia Working on Machines.

At Columbia preparations are being made for the race with the University on May 19. This is the only definite date that has yet been scheduled for the Columbia crew, Coach Rice is restricting the men to a severe routine of training and practice will continue indoors on the machines for several weeks to come. At present the first boat contains four veterans from last season's eight.

At Princeton as at Yale the head coach has just arrived to take charge. With the return of Dr. Spaeth from a lecture tour of the West, crew work on Lake Carnegie has begun in earnest. In addition to the 50 freshmen, 40 university candidates are reporting daily for practice on the indoor machines, and it is expected that the men will be able to row on the lake before the end of the month. Coach Spaeth has as yet been unable to choose a permanent combination, but with five men from the eight which defeated the University, Yale, Pennsylvania, Columbia and the Navy last spring, his task is not a difficult one.