TWO FRESHMAN NINES PICKED

UNIVERSITY TEAM A DEFEATED TEAM B IN CAGE BY 2 TO 1 SCORE.

Coach Duffy put the University squad through a stiff batting practice for a full hour in the cage yesterday before the daily practice game. Several shifts were made in the teams again, Harte, West, Caley, Garritt and Boyd moving up to Team A, and Sears, Roos, Horne and Cummings being new men for Team B. The game lasted five innings, in which Team A was held down to a 2 to 1 victory. Knowles got two hits and Casey, Ellis and Abbot one hit each for Team A, while Holly hit out a double and McLeod, Kerr and Hardy each a single for the second team.

The Freshman squad was given its first practice game of the season yesterday when, following a 30-minute batting workout, Coach Ball picked two teams. The game was snappy and evenly matched and showed that the past month's drilling has been effective. Team II finally won after five innings' lively play by the score of 2 to 0. The lineups of the two teams follow:

Team I.--Frazier, r.f.; Coolidge, c.f.; Evans, l.f.; Ladd, 1b.; Wolverton, 2b.; Emmons, ss.; Hobbs, 3b.; Lancaster, c.; Robinson, p.

Team II.--Morse, r.f.; Loring, c.f.; Dickinson, l.f.; Smith, 1b.; H. Ward, 2b.; Osgood, ss.; Kirk, 3b.; Aspinwall, c.; Washburn, p.

Felton Out With Appendicitis.

W. B. Felton '19 who was operated on at Stillman Infirmary for appendicitis on Wednesday is reported to be getting on well. Felton, who pitched on the 1919 Freshman nine, was one of the promising pitchers on the University squad, and the loss of his services will be felt by the team.