$250,000 FOR AMBULANCE WORK

is unable to secure the necessary funds, the donor of the money for the two new sections will gladly forward the cost of transportation. This money will be in addition to the $250,000 already promised, and will be given by a private individual and not by the Ambulance Corps. All men must know how to drive automobiles well before they can be accepted as volunteers. An extensive knowledge of the motor is not required, because that will be taken care of by the mechanicians in the corps, but a man must be able to drive in such a way as not to endanger the wounded, himself or the ambulance. All men must also obtain a doctor's certificate that they are in good health, and should be vaccinated against typhoid before they leave, as this will be necessary before they are allowed to join a section.

Six-Month Enlistment Term.

The term of enlistment for the two new sections will be for six months, with a ten-day vacation. Work on the enlisting of members of the University for the corps will start at once, as the project will fail unless the full quota of 80 men be obtained. The Norton-Harjes Ambulance Corps will have entire charge of the enterprise, the donor supplying all necessary funds to make it a complete success. Except for the sum of $100 for personal use, all expenses except transportation will be paid, and this latter cost will be borne by the donor in the case of volunteers unable to secure the money themselves. The men will sail as soon as the sections are completely organized. C. Higginson, Jr., '17 has charge of the enlisting of members of the University, and all men interested in going to the front as ambulance drivers should see him at once.