"SPIRIT OF POLAND" TO BE GIVEN IN BOSTON FRIDAY

TO AID POLISH RELIEF

Members of the Dramatic Club will take part in "The Spirit of Poland," a play for Polish relief, in Jordan Hall on Friday evening at 8 o'clock. The play is in five acts, written by Miss Dorothea Murray Hughes, a Radcliffe graduate, is given in aid of the Polish children, and the proceeds will go to the Sienkiewicz fund, and will be cabled at once to Poland, where they will be distributed by the agents of the Polish relief committee. It is being given under the auspices of the "Friends of Poland" of which Mme. Szumowska Adamowska is president.

The scene of the play is laid in Poland during 1914 and 1915, when the Russian armies were retreating across the country. It deals with the rivalry of Tadeusz Bolski, an American of Polish descent, and Sasha Polivanof, a Russian recruiting officer, for the hand of Vanda, a beautiful Polish girl. It shows the destruction wrought by the retreating armies, and the aid rendered the people by the American Relief Committee, for which Tadeusz is the agent.

Heading the cast are E. H. Morse '20, who plays the role of Pan Maleski, Vanda's father; E. P. Goodnow '20, the American; and T. M. Hodgens '20, the Russian officer. Miss Helenka Adamowska plays the part of Vanda. The complete cast follows: Pan Maleski, proprietor of an estate in Poland,  E. H. Morse '20 Tadeusz Bolski,  E. P. Goodnow '20 Sasha Polivanof,  a Russian officer, T. M. Hodgens '20 Sebastian, Maleski's servant,  J. L. T. Tildsley '19 Bartosz,  H. B. Griffiths '18 Yuzef, Yan and Stach, peasant men, D.S.Critz ucC.,  W. E. Fuller '19 and P. Means '17, respectively. Vanda, daughter of Maleski,  Miss Helenka Adamowska Aanna, Vanda's nurse,  Miss Dorothy Thorndike Magda Yuzefova,  betrothed to Yuzef, Miss Nora Collidge Basia, Yanova, wife of Yan,  Miss Molly Hill Manka, betrothed to Stach,  Miss Rosanna Fiske Wikta,  Miss Eleanor Bremer Franka,  Miss Madeleine Beals Zosia, child of Basia,  Miss Frances Doliber