1920 COLLECTED RECORD AMOUNT

Harwood, with Collection of $120.50, Sub Chairman of Committee.

The recent canvass of the Freshman Class for funds for the 1920 treasury has resulted in the unusually large sum of $2,254.62 being collected by the 30 members of the committee. The competition for the position of sub-chairman of the 1920 finance committee ended last Friday night at 6 o'clock and resulted in the appointment of R. W. Harwood '20, who collected $120.50, the largest individual amount handed in J. W. Geary '20 was credited with the second largest collection of $118, and R. Saltonstall '20 was third with $117. In accordance with the rule followed by 1919 the amount each collector gave himself to the fund did not count in his totals, the actual collections alone being considered. Only $1,400 was secured last year by 1919 and the 1920 totals are the largest on record. The average amount turned in by each member of the committee was over $75. The money collected will form the class treasury and will pay for the class smokers and dinner.