WAR SCHEDULE PLANNED AT YALE

All Athletic Contests to be Cancelled if Declaration Comes.

Yale University has announced officially that all outside athletic competitions will be suspended if war is declared. This practically abolishes all the scheduled events of the season, as the only contests before the reconvening of Congress are the Yale-Columbia swimming meet today, and the opening baseball game of the season tomorrow.

The Yale-Pennsylvania crew races for which the two Yale crews have practically completed their training, is scheduled for Saturday of next week. As this date is in the middle of the vacation period, the races will almost surely be rowed if the crews so desire. If, however, the oarsmen wish to go to their homes before the opening of the military training, which begins immediately on their return from college, the races will be called off. It is very unlikely that the Easter trip of the Yale nine, which begins next Wednesday, will be taken.

Among the other colleges which have recently announced officially that all outside athletic activities would be suspended in case of a declaration of war are Pennsylvania and Princeton.