2 TO 1 VICTORY FOR TEAM A IN NINE-INNING GAME

P. K. Ellis '18 Hit on Head and Knocked Unconscious by Thrown Ball During Practice.

Team A was given a close game by Team B in yesterday's University baseball practice, the first-string players securing a 2 to 1 victory only after a close nine-inning contest. There was no scoring by either team until the fifth inning when Team B tallied on singles by Delano and Bond, Team A, however, tying the score in their half of the fifth when Stephens and Hardy singled and Kerr made a misplay on a hit from Ward's bat. Team A scored their second run in the next inning when Delano, who had been pitching a good game for the substitutes in the first five innings, lost his control and passed four men, but pulled himself together after one run had been scored, and caused Boyd to fly out to centre field with three men on bases.

Yesterday's game was marked by some fast fielding, very few misplays being made. Wyche was the star at bat, knocking out a single and a double, and Bond and Henderson continued their good hitting, each driving out a single. Coach Duffy gave the men an extra half-hours practice in batting after the game, emphasizing the importance of a quick swing and took his turn at the bat to illustrate his points. During the batting practice, Ellis, who has been playing in left field for Team A, was hit on the head by a ball thrown by Murray, who was catching, and was knocked unconscious, but quickly recovered with no lasting effects from the blow in evidence.