20 ENLISTED IN NAVAL RESERVE

Will be Detailed to Immediate Service if War is Declared.

About 20 men from the University have left this week for Newport, R. I., in order to engage more actively in the work of the Naval Reserve. These men have regularly enlisted in the Reserve and will be detailed at once to active service in case of war. In the event of war not being declared they will be required to make up what College work they have missed while in training at Newport, in order to receive credit in their courses. The men are at present receiving intensive instruction in signaling, telegraphy, navigation and the mechanism and use of guns.

In addition to the men from the University there are about 150 Princeton men also training in the Reserve at Newport.

A telegram received yesterday from the naval station at Newport contained the following list of men who have reported for active duty or who have enrolled and signified their intentions of returning shortly for active duty, but this roster is believed to be incomplete: J. C. Baldwin '20, W. J. Caner '19, A. S. Carhart '20, J. J. Emery '20, S. Frothingham '20, W. A. Flagg '19, J. B. Hoyt '19, E. C. Johnson '20, M. W. Lee '19, J. L. Lincoln '19, T. R. Morse '18, R. G. Payne '20, P. C. Pearson '19, R. D. Sears, Jr., '19, W. Sturgis '18, H. G. Trevor '20, and N. S. Walker '20.