PRIZE CONTESTS CLOSE TODAY

Theses Due for Ph.D. Degrees in Four Divisions Also.

All manuscripts in the Bowdoin Prize Contest for dissertations in English and the classics should be handed in today to the Secretary of the Faculty in University 20. The Bowdoin Prizes include three for undergraduates and three for graduates. In the English group there is a first prize of $250 and two second prizes of $100 each; in the Greek and Latin group there are two prizes of $50 each.

Today also affords the last opportunity for handing in compositions for the Lloyd McKim Garrison Prize; for the Menorah Society Prize; for the Francis Boott Prize, and for the George Arthur Knight Prize in music.

Theses must also be handed in for the degree of Ph.D. in 1917 in the Division of Ancient Languages, of Modern Languages, and of History, Government and Economics. All these theses should be sent to the chairman of the respective Divisions.

Candidates for second-year honors should register today at the Recorder's Office. These honors are open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors, and to special students after their first year. They are open to Freshmen and to first-year special students only by special permission.