UNIVERSITY ACTORS TRY OUT FOR DRAMATIC CLUB

S. A. ELIOT '13 COACH

Acting trials for the Dramatic Club play will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union this afternoon from 1.30 to 5.30 o'clock. Blue books in which acting candidates may sign up for trials will be found at Leavitt and Peirce's. All publicity candidates are to report to C. B. Irving '19, at 52 Mt. Auburn street, today between 5.30 and 6.30 o'clock.

Samuel Atkins Eliot, Jr., '13 will coach the club this spring. Mr. Eliot was formerly connected with the Little Theatre in New York, and he was director of the Little Theatre in Indianapolis. He acted for a time with the Washington Square Players in New York. Last year he coached the Menorah Society's production of "The Book of Job."

At the open meeting of the Dramatic Club last night the three winning one-act plays, that have been selected for the annual spring production of the clubs, were read.

The three plays are "Transfer of Property," by Mark W. Reed; "The Little Cards," by John Redhead Froome, holder this year of the McDowell Fellowship which is awarded for the best play submitted in English 47, and "The Reunion," by Eleanor Holmes Hinkley, a special student at Radcliffe. All three plays were written by members of English 47.