SWORDSMEN FENCE STRONG ELI TRIO NEXT SATURDAY

Capt. W. H. Russell '18, R. G. Crimmins '19, and E. R. Gay '19 Go Down to New Haven.

The undefeated University fencing team goes to New Haven Saturday to meet the strong Yale aggregation in the hardest event on the University's schedule. Captain W. H. Russell '18, R. G. Crimmins '19 and E. R. Gay '19 will comprise the team. They will be accompanied by Manager G. H. Code '18 and Coach Leslabay.

During the past two weeks a marked improvement in form has been shown by all members of the team, and chances for a victory at New Haven are exceedingly good. Yale, however, will be represented by veteran fencers, the same men who defeated the University last year by the score of 5 to 4, and it is certain that Captain Russell and his team-mates will be forced to show their best. Captain Pfleiger of Yale, who last year beat Captain Russell in two out of their three matches of the season, has been fencing brilliantly this year, and has changed his style of an open guard, formerly used by him, to the close guard as adopted by Captain Russell. The match between these two men neither of whom have been defeated this year, will be watched with interest by all followers of fencing, as both will undoubtedly be leading factors in the intercollegiate championships. Tiaza of Yale has also improved tremendously this year, and will be a dangerous opponent for the University swordsmen.

R. G. Crimmins '19, who will fence second on the University team, has been making rapid strides under Coach Leslabay's tutelage, and his excellent fencing in the Pennsylvania meet stamps him as a swordsman of high order, whom the favorites in the intercollegiates may well regard.