BIG GAPS MADE IN TENNIS TEAM

Graduation of Williams and Caner Will Make Great Difference.

The University tennis team has lost through graduation five of the eight men who last year won their letter. The graduation of R. N. Williams, 2d, '16, national and ex-intercollegiate champion, and of G. C. Caner '17, who won the Intercollegiates in Pittsburg last September, has left two particularly big gaps to be filled. But last year's Freshman team is sending some good material up to the University squad that, with practice, should produce some first-class performers. J. S. Pfaffman '17, who has been elected captain to fill the vacancy left by G. C. Caner '17, was runner-up in the intercollegiates last fall; and he and W. P. Whitehouse '17 were runners-up in the doubles. Pfaffman captained his Freshman team and has been on several University teams. H. G. M. Kelleher '18 and W. D. D. Morgan '18 were also on last year's team.

R. C. Rand, 3d, '19, captain of the 1919 team which won from the Yale freshman by a score of 9 to 0, is the most promising player from last year's Freshman aggregation. R. H. Kissel, Jr., '19 and C. J. Coulter '19 are also likely candidates for the University team.