R. O. T. C. WILL DRILL AS UNIT NEXT FRIDAY

ATHLETES TO WORK DAILY

On Friday afternoon, April 13, the first regimental drill of the year will be held in the Stadium. The companies will assemble at 3.30 o'clock and will march to Soldiers Field where they will drill by battalions for a short time. At 5.30 o'clock they will be drawn up with the band in line of masses in the Stadium, and the retreat ceremony will be held, after which the battalions will pass in review before Captain Cordier and the military staff. This occasion will give the public the first opportunity to see the Training Corps drill together. Seats on the west side of the Stadium will be found the most advantageous.

There will be a meeting of the Faculty this afternoon to make arrangements for the opening of the Reserve Officers Training Corps to further enlistment. If the Faculty authorizes the increase and there is no reason to suppose that they will not, the students who join will be accepted only after a thorough physical examination. The new recruits will be formed into provisional companies, which will drill separately for such a number of hours a week as will enable them to catch up to the companies already formed. When this is accomplished the recruits will be taken into the old companies, which will then be filled to war strength. The recruiting station will be open until Easter vacation, and training for the new men will commence after the recess.

The two companies originally formed for athletes, which drilled four hours on Mondays, will drill one hour daily five times a week after the vacation. It was found that the long and strenuous drill period did not give as good results as were obtained from the shorter sessions.