NEW ENROLMENTS WILL START AFTER RECESS

AGE LIMIT 19 YEARS

It was announced yesterday at the military office that new enrolments for the Reserve Officers' Training Corps will be started after the April recess. Full particulars as to the place and manner of enrolment will be announced later. It was found impossible, owing to the large amount of preparation necessary before new men can be examined and enlisted, to start the work of forming the new companies in the few days left before College breaks up. The instruction for the new increment will start on May 7, when the entire Corps is to go into intensive training.

Such men now in the Training Corps who do not desire to take the intensive training which begins on May 7 will be allowed to take a special final examination in Military Science and Tactics 1, and will then be discharged from the Corps in order to continue with their academic studies. It is important for the members of the Corps to note that the War Department does not desire at this time to have any men in the Reserve Officers' Training Corps who are not going in for intensive training with the full understanding that they are to be officers. Inasmuch as those men who intend to enlist in the Corps will have to make up in a short time a considerable amount of work which the men now enrolled have already covered, Captain Cordier stated last night that they would find it to their advantage to do certain text-book assignments during the vacation. The work should cover the "Infantry Drill Regulations" through paragraph 231, the "Small Arms Firing Manual" through page 59, and the first four problems of Captain Bjornstad's "Small Problems for Infantry." The Drill Regulation assignment, which covers the School of the Soldier, the School of the Squad, and the School of the Soldier through extended order should be studied carefully, and the substance of each paragraph memorized.

Anyone under 19 years of age will not be accepted. This does not in any way, affect those already in the Corps who may be under 19 years of age.

It is intended to increase the present corps to 2000 men. Special provisions are to be made for the enrolment of recent graduates of the University.