TO MAKE CLOTHING CANVASS

Committee to be Appointed to Collect Old Clothes and Books for Phillips Brooks House.

The annual spring collection of clothing, magazines and text-books under the auspices of the Phillips Brooks House will be made on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. A list of men who will act as collectors in the various dormitories will be announced in the course of a few days. Men who have any articles they wish to give are requested to deliver them to the collectors in their dormitories, while those living in private houses who wish to contribute are requested to bring their offerings to the nearest dormitory. A wagon will make the rounds on Thursday, April 12, to gather up all articles collected on the three preceding days.

Some of the clothing collected will be sent to the war sufferers in Europe. The greater part, however, will be distributed among charitable institutions in Cambridge and Boston, while a small quantity will be sent to the South. The magazines are to be distributed among hospitals and reading rooms of houses of charity. The following articles are especially needed: text-books of all kinds for the Phillips Brooks House loan library, and particularly these used in the larger courses, such as History 1, Government 1, and English 28; articles of clothing, such as sweaters, shirts, hats, gloves, underwear, neckwear and shoes; and magazines and books.