72 FRESHMEN IN ACTIVE SERVICE

Are Represented in Naval Reserve, Flying Corps, and Ambulance.

Seventy-two Freshmen have up to this time left College for active military service and this number is rapidly increasing as more and more men are enlisting in the various branches of the service, principally in the Naval Reserve in which 44 members of 1920 are enlisted. A large part of these men are already assigned to patrol boats and several of these are almost entirely manned by Freshmen. Most of these men are enlisted in the district extending from Chatham, Mass., to Long Island, having Newport, R. I., as a base, and only a small proportion of the men are enrolled in the local district which extends from Eastport, Me., to Chatham.

Eleven members of the class have obtained leave of absence in order to join the ambulance service in France. The greater part of this number are enrolled in the American Ambulance Field Service, but some have joined the Norton-Harjes Ambulance. Seven men are enlisted in the aviation service, some in the Aviation Section of the Reserve Officers' Signal Corps, and some in the training school at Squantum. Several others are on the reserve list of this school and expect to get called at any time. Four men from 1920 are in the United States Secret Service and six are enlisted in state militias.