PAY CORPS EXAMS MAY 15

MEN ARE ALSO NEEDED IN NAVAL HOSPITALS TO ASSIST DOCTORS.

Announcement has been made that examinations for the Pay Corps of the regular navy are to be held at the various navy yards throughout the country on Tuesday, May 15. Information regarding the methods of applying for permission to take these examinations and the subjects in which examinations are to be given may be obtained at the office of the Registrar in University Hall or by applying to the Bureau of Supplies and accounts, Washington, D. C. It is particularly desired that as many University men as possible take these examinations.

Notice has also been received from the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery of the Navy Department that 2,000 men between the ages of 18 and 25 are urgently needed as hospital corps men to assist the doctors of the navy in naval hospitals and at sea on vessels of the navy. Particulars may be obtained from the doctor at the nearest recruiting station. A candidate for enrolment as a hospital corps man is first examined for enrolment in the provisional rating of hospital apprentice, first or second class, in the Naval Coast Defence Reserve. At the completion of a minimum period of three months' active service he is again examined for confirmation in rating.