COMPANY I WON CLOSE BALL GAME

Defeated Company K by Score of 5 to 4 on Soldiers Field.

In the first R. O. T. C. intercompany baseball game of the season, Company I defeated Company K on Soldiers Field last Saturday afternoon by a score of 5 to 4. The Company I nine took the lead in the first inning, and, playing errorless ball, maintained it throughout, although at times they were hard pressed to hold their advantage. Twice, with men on bases, K Company was prevented from scoring by the steady pitching of W. G. Cummings '17, who had a total of 13 strike-outs to his credit. In the last inning with one out, two hits in succession netted Company K one run, but the rally was stopped when the next two batters fanned.

The home run of R. Little '19 in the first inning and the work of S. W. Johnson, Dartmouth 1920, behind the bat, were the features of the game. For Company K, R. M. Loring '18 pitched consistently. Coach Duffy acted as umpire.

The line-up and batting order follows: Co. I.  Co. K. Little, 2b.  c., Wilson Donahue, l.f.  1b., King Blackmur, 3b.  Hitchcock, 2b. Cummings, p.  s.s., King Brownell, 1b.  c.f., Sonnghent McAuley, s.s.  p., Loring Barker, c.f.  r.f., Morde Johnson, c.  l.f., Manning King, r.f.  3b., McLoughlin