WILL TRAIN FOR BALLOON FLYING

Five Undergraduates Report Today For Army Dirigible Instruction.

Five members of the University left yesterday morning for somewhere in the West to commence training for dirigible balloon flying. Their destination is not revealed by the government authorities, but it is known that they will be the first in the country to study balloon aviation as provided by the program of the War Department.

The complete personnel of the party includes eight men, under the direction of N. Chadwick '16. The five undergraduates are as follows: A. D. Brewer '19; G. Compton '20; M. P. Delano '18; A. B. Talbot '18; W. P. Whitehouse '17. They enlisted in the Naval Reserve Flying Corps a month ago intending to join one of the series of camps that will be established at Squantum this summer for training in aviation, but word was received the latter part of last week that they were to report at the western camp today.

The War Department has but few dirigibles in commission, none of which are of the rigid type, like the Zeppelins. The indications are, however, that the number will soon be greatly increased.