TRAMP FROM WAKEFIELD AFTER WEEK ON RANGE

COLONEL AZAN GAVE TALK

Today the second battalion of the University R. O. T. C. will return from the Wakefield range, and the third battalion will take their place on Monday morning for the week of target and combat practice. Communications from the four companies returning to Cambridge indicate that the six days which they spent in camp were most instructive; that the shooting was, on the whole, good, and that the quarters and food were adequate.

The Wakefield day is filled from sunrise until evening. First call is sounded at 5 o'clock in the morning, followed by reveille at 5.05 and assembly at 5.10. Mess call comes at 5.15, with sick call at 5.45. The firing commences at 6 o'clock and continues until noon. Assembly for guard mount is called at 12.-45, firing recommencing at 1 o'clock, and lasting until 5. Taps is sounded at 9 o'clock.

Guards and sentinels are kept posted every hour of the day and night, the companies taking turn in furnishing the guard detail. Details from the companies also act as table waiters for their own companies and for the officers' mess.

Colonel Azan delivered to the Corps last night the first of a series of four lectures on offensive combat, on the subject of the preparation for the attack. The later lectures will take up the attack itself, the ensuing pursuit, and the march of approach.

Supply of Barbed Wire Received.

A quantity of barbed-wire for use in the construction of entanglements at the Fresh Pond trenches has been received, and will be put in position by the first two battalions next week. The schedule of training for all three battalions is printed elsewhere in today's CRIMSON.