UNIVERSITY ELEVEN IN SERVICE

Team Which Faced Yale Last Fall Now Working for Nation.

The effect of the war on athletic organizations is well seen in the present activities of the eleven members of the University football team which lined up against Yale last fall for the final test of the season. In fact this team is now a United States team, for every member has entered some branch of military service or ambulance work. Reading down the line-up from right end, which position was filled by R. Harte '17, the first man on the list, is at Plattsburgh. G. C. Caner '17, right tackle, is with the Norton-Harjes Ambulance Service somewhere in France. W. B. Snow '18, right guard, has become a naval reservist. J. C. Harris '17, centre, is another Plattsburgher. H. H. Dadmun '17, captain and left guard, is with the American Ambulance Unit in France. W. H. Wheeler, Jr., '18, left tackle and captain-elect for next fall, is in the Naval Reserves. C. A. Coolidge, Jr., '17, left end, is at Plattsburgh.

In the backfield, W. F. Robinson '18, quarter, is at Plattsburgh. E. L. Casey, '19, left halfback, is on a patrol boat in the United States Naval Reserve. T. C. Thacher, Jr., '18, right halfback, is at Plattsburgh. R. Horween '18, fullback, is doing patrol work with the U. S. Naval Reserves.