SEED FOR THE SOWING.

To 1921, as to previous classes during three changing centuries, the College gives greeting. With the greeting, those who are not the College, but, being upper classmen, think they are the College, might give advice, since advice is always expected. But again, since advice is never heeded, they will refrain.

Not that there is anything remarkable about 1921, as Harvard classes go. Nothing except its grand conceit, which waxes to the zenith in Freshmen.

Collectively it is a class, represented by class teams, flaunting its class colors, living in its class dormitories. Individually it is a number of young men, who have come here in many ways and from many environments, but alike in this, it may be presumed, that they believe in the Harvard tradition.

We believe in the Harvard tradition. And those who have gone forth and will not return believed in the Harvard tradition, of strength, of courage, of truth, from which are builded self-sacrifice.

Now may you, the newest Harvard men, remember what they have done, and learn humility.