4750 HARVARD MEN IN WAR WORK.

Are Doing Service With Fighting Units and on Relief Committees.

In the course of the war, Harvard men have taken a very active and responsible part, not only in the actual military service in Europe, but also in medical and Red Cross work, and various other national and private relief committees. The spirit of Harvard men and their work in the service of the Allies at home and abroad has greatly contributed to the efficiency of the war administrations.

The latest list of the forms of service in which Harvard men have been engaged which appears in the current number of the Alumni Bulletin, is as follows: United States Army,  1,696 Harvard R. O. T. C., and other military bodies,  847 Foreign armies,  113 United States Navy,  670 Medical Service,  520 Red Cross and other relief work,  193 Ambulance service,  361 National, state and other committee work,  243 Miscellaneous,  107 Total,  4,750

It may also be stated that in the enrolment of the R. O. T. C. only Harvard men have been listed, the actual total enrolment of the corps, however, has been announced as 1,885. There have been many changes since these figures were compiled but they are the most complete available.