1921 MEETS FIRST RIVAL

DEFEATED INFORMALS

The Freshman hockey team opens its season today against Stone School on the Charlesbank rink at 2 o'clock. Although nothing is known concerning the strength of the visiting team, the University first-year men will present a strong lineup which is expected to make an encouraging showing.

In a scrimmage with the informals yesterday, the 1921 seven won only by the score of 3 to 1, although the defeated lineup contained neither R. E. Gross '19 nor A. H. Bright '19, two of the most effective forwards, nor J. Stubbs, the mainstay of the defence. The good showing of the upper-class men was due largely to the steady goal tending of W. J. Louderback '20, who proved himself their most valuable player. E. L. Bigelow '21 and R. W. Buntin '21 were the most aggressive factors for the winners.

After the scrimmage, Gross put the regular 1921 lineup through a final work-out, emphasizing team-play. Inasmuch as this is to be the first occasion the squad has played in formal competition, team-work will be an important factor.

Good Showing Expected.

Men expected to do well today are Bigelow, Buntin and H. P. King '21. The former two have been holding down the centre positions since very early in the season, and King has been a member of the second team. He is, however, the squad's fastest skater, and a hard man to pass. F. M. Bacon '21, starting at right wing, is experienced, and with a little more aggressiveness should prove one of the most effective players. The following is the lineup that will start the game for 1921: Bacon r.w.; Buntin, r.c.; Bigelow, l.c.; King, c.p.; Sessions, p.; C. Stillman, g.